The Versatile Blogger Award
Exciting news! We are pleased to announce that A Distant Mentality has been nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award. This is especially exciting because it comes at the busy hands of fellow bloggers. We are individuals who have a passion for similar experiences while bringing our own flavor when sharing it with the world. It is really wonderful to support each other and bring attention to each others' work. Nominees are chosen for their high quality of writing, uniqueness of content, and the stunning photographs to back it up!
The blogger who nominated me is a fellow mom who loves to travels with her family, Ali from What Ali Sees. Ali hails from my favorite destination, Australia, and her blog is a necessity for any family planning travel with young children. She gives specific recommendations for activities in specific locations and practical tips for making travel easier with little ones.
The rules of The Versatile Blogger Awards requires that I share 7 random things about myself so that new readers can get to know me a bit before heading to the rest of the blog. Here we go!
- I decided to be a forensic psychologist after reading a popular series of fiction books. It's true. After reading the James Patterson "Alex Cross series" (along with everyone else in the early 2000's), I thought that forensic psychology sounded interesting so I began researching it. I had already studied Criminal Justice and Psychology, so I guess it was a natural path, but looking up to Alex Cross was the push I needed!
- My first international conference presentation was for a crowd of 4 people. As a grad student, I presented my dissertation research in Adelaide, Australia. I was the first to go on on the third day of the conference and there were only a few people there; that included my fan club of one (the husband). Little did I know, the hotel that had hosted the conference (I was staying somewhere else) had the fire alarm go off in the middle of the night so everyone was sleeping in! I was more than okay with me because I was so nervous!
- I am writing this post from Aarhus, Denmark while staring at the stunning Your Rainbow Panorama art installation from my hotel room. This city is the star of the Danish crime series Dicte. You can find it on Netflix. Binge it!
- My travel superstitions include touching a rivet of the airplane as I board, never taking a photograph of the plane I will be traveling on, and wearing a Hand of Hamsa. I had a Hamsa necklace that I used to wear, but I eventually had it tattooed on my wrist- I never leave home without it!
- Bridges are kind of my thing. I really can't explain where it stems from, but I have developed this awe of bridges from my travels. The architecture blows me away not matter how simple or intricate. My favorites are the Sydney Harbor Bridge (which I climbed!) and Charles Bridge in Prague. I was even married on a small, red bridge in a Japanese garden at the Langham Hotel in Pasadena, California.
- I was born and raised in Southern California and I work and live in the Los Angeles area. My favorite city in Southern California is Palm Springs and I will be featuring it in a new segment of my blog called Cali Corner. There is just something about the desert air...
- I am completing a hiking challenge called the Six Pack of Peaks here in So Cal. I have one more to go of the 6 highest peaks in the Southern California area. I need to finish by the end of October to qualify for completion! I am so ready for this!
I hope I have inspired you to check out my travels as a professional who often drags her family around the globe! Check us out on Facebook or Instagram.
My Versatile Blogger nominees:
- Kerri and Chris from Passport Penguin
- Astrid from The Wandering Daughter
- Gary from Never Too Old To Travel
- Andrea from Mom Voyage
- Dan and Michelle from Honeymoon Always
I am excited for what each of these travel blogs bring to the community and they all speak to me or travelers in my life, from the mommies to the retired parents who are trotting the globe! Get working on your 7 random things and I look forward to reading each of them and sharing your blogs with others. I am honored to be part of such a talented group of travel bloggers who make other excited to travel. My thanks go out again to Ali from What Ali Sees and I hope you guys check her blog out too!
If any of the nominees wish to pay it forward, here are the Versatile Blogger Award rules:
- Share the award on your blog
- Thank your nominator
- Incorporate 7 random things about yourself
- Choose 5-10 nominees who have fewer than 300 followers
- Notify them via social media
Have a wonderful weekend and a new post is coming on #TravelTuesday about our recent stay in Copenhagen!